After 5 wonderful years at the Space Telescope Science Institute, I have decided to return to school to pursue a PhD in Physics at University of California, Davis. In my few precious moments of free time, I work on these projects:
- Leading a Software Carpentry Workshop at the American Astronomical Society Conference in January 2015
- Python topic maintainer for the Software Carpentry Foundation
- Characterizing the binary companion of Supernova 1993J. Here is a recent paper I worked on. We will be taking more FUV imaging in April 2015 to confirm the companion flux levels in the FUV observationally.
- Observing the late time UV spectra of type IIn supernovae interacting with circumstellar material.
- Using the LSST data management pipeline on images of type Ia supernova from the SweetSpot survey to characterize the light curve variability of all objects in the field.